- Promote the benefits of independent mobility for disabled people and provide information to find the best solutions for individual needs.
- Ensure that any new laws, directives and standards relevant to our industry look to the end-users’ best interests.
- Strengthen our industry and its relationship with OEM vehicle manufacturers, by working to the highest standards of quality management and customer service.
What We Do
The European Mobility Group is the number one hub for extensive knowledge of vehicle adaptation and the end-users’ needs.
- We act as a quality stamp and drive industry-related development.
- We promote and encourage co-operation between member companies.
How We Do It
By creating and sharing high quality end-user and industry information, we are:
- Increasing decision makers’ awareness and knowledge.
- Creating competitive advantages for members.
- Supporting end-users and their families in finding solutions for their own independent mobility.
- Be the strong and united voice of our industry.
- Explain the benefits available to people with disabilities to be able to drive or travel in their own car independently.
- Ensure that new laws and directives within the EU look to the end-users’ best interests.
- Be the number one hub for extensive knowledge of vehicle adaptation and the end-users needs.
- Act as a quality stamp for products and suppliers.
- Strengthen our industry’s relationship with vehicle manufacturers.
- Drive industry-related development.
- Promote and encourage co-operation between member companies.
The History of the EMG
Since the start in 1987, our member companies have helped thousands of people with disabilities to be able to drive or travel in their own car. Their increased independence has led to higher quality of life and benefits society as a whole.
Today the European Mobility Group has around 50 member companies across Europe and neighbouring countries, who collectively supply over 25,000 adapted and converted vehicles each year. Together we are a source of extensive knowledge and we relentlessly drive development forward.
Our members collectively employ about 3,000 highly skilled workers and many of the member companies work in close cooperation with vehicle manufacturers all over the globe.
The EMG Setup
- Around 50 Member Companies
- 12 Countries
- 25,000 Converted Cars Each Year
- 3,000 Skilled Workers
The EMG exists to promote the benefits of independent mobility for disabled people. Through such independence, disabled people are helped to lead full and active lives which in turn may lead to better opportunities for employment, education and social life.
We are the strong and united voice of our industry and strive to ensure that new laws and directives within the EU look to the end-user’s best interests. By showing strong unity and raising awareness of the end-user's needs, we will strengthen our industry and its relationship with vehicle manufacturers.
What's going on?
The EMG publishes news on the website describing the ongoing activities of the EMG and its member companies. Details might include reports from conferences and exhibitions where the EMG has made a contribution, or changes in technical and economic legislation in different countries. Anything that is relevant to the sector and of interest to the wider audience will be posted on the site.
Progress made in harmonising the legislation of different countries and common approval procedures for equipment for disabled drivers are always interesting topics. Policy decisions are made by vote at the AGM.
EMG strives to ensure that its opinions (which represent the views of its Members) are taken into account in relevant areas of legislation and policy making which affect the mobility of disabled people. To ensure that these opinions are given full consideration, we engage in dialogue with a variety of pan-European bodies and other relevant stakeholders to contribute effectively to the decision making process.
As a signatory of the EU Transparency Register, EMG adheres to all relevant codes of conduct, both within and outside of the organisation. EMG’s public ID number on the transparency register number is 752451323402-88.